Mugutrao Sahebrao Kakade College, Someshwarnagar aptly rendered services to the community, by the way of providing educational facilities, particularly to the rural area students. The Department of Microbiology was established in the year June, 2014 with vision to enhance the scope of department in order to complete the needs of communities and society by delivering the very best human resources and technology. It facilitates extensive use of microbiological equipments which includes use of Microscope, Autoclave, Incubator, Hot air oven, Laminar air flow etc. and teaching / learning materials by staff. For this purpose, the department is provided with set of equipments and necessary laboratory materials. Department has well established infrastructure facilities for teaching and learning. Students and faculty members of our department are also in actively involved in social activities such as water testing, epidemiological survey.
- To enrich students knowledge and train them in pure Microbial sciences.
- To introduced the concepts of application and research in Microbiology.
- To inculcate sense of scientific responsibilities, social and environment awareness.
- To help students build-up a progressive and successful career.
- To study of microbes helps us to understand our world and our place within it.
- To impart knowledge of the basic principle of bacteriology, genetics, enzymology, fermentation technology, immunology, medical microbiology, agricultural microbiology and including food microbiology.
- To study the nature of pathogenic microorganisms pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis etc.
- Acquire requisite skill in the use and care of basic microbiological equipment, performance of basic laboratory procedure in microbiology.
Under Graduate Courses
|Duration of Course
Department’s Future plans
- To start a M.Sc. in Microbiology.
- Organization of National Level Seminar.
- Organization of Academic Visits to the research institute.
- Undertake a departmental research project with involvements of Teachers and Students.
- Inclusion ICT in Regular teaching Activity.